You Might Be A Ham!
- If your wife calls and asks you to bring home a ham and you show up with one of your radio friends... you might be a ham!
- If you go canoeing with your buddies they ask you to bring the paddles and you show up with your Vibroplex... you might be a ham!
- If the phone rings and you answer this is AI4QP over... you might be a ham!
- If your back yard looks like and aluminum Porcupine... you might be a ham!
- If you have to explain to your spouse that a Hamfest is not a barbecue... you might be a ham!
- If your car has more than two antennas on it... you might be a ham!
- If you are asked to show two pieces of I.D. and you present a copy of your Amateur License and your ARRL card... you might be a ham!
- If you are afraid to pull into a parking garage because of antennas on your roof... you might be a ham!
- If someone asks you what your favorite radio station is and you say W1AW... you might be a ham!
- If you go to a boxing match and they start talking about fists and you bring up the fact that you just got your keynote... you might be a ham.
- When the guys at the marina talk about their Chriscraft and you bring up your Cushcraft... you might be a ham!
- If your wife tells you she would like a Diamond for Christmas and you give her an antenna or a really good ARRL Membership...you're in some deep trouble!!!!!
Hi and welcome to my ham radio humor page. I will show you around this page that contains a bit of ham radio humor but first you need to remember that you had a sked 29 minutes ago with a rare DX station on 20 meters and you were to call the XYL to remind her to remind you to remind her so she would not forget to call you about whatever it was that you had forgotten to tell her mother, but you just remembered that you had forgotten to pay the phone bill and the telephone company did not forget that you forgot....so they cut you off!!!
I forgot what I was going to say to you about this page...maybe you can remember to remind me!!!
To find me, just tune your VFO to 14.313Mhz, I am there shooting Skip again....
I tried once before but he survived!
Three brothers ages 92, 94, and 96 live in a house together. One night the 96 year old draws a bath. He puts his foot in and pauses.
He yells down the stairs and says
"Was I getting in or out?"
The 94 year old yells back "I don't know. I'll come up and see." He starts up the stairs and pauses. Then he yells,
"Was I going up the stairs or down?"
The 92 year old HAM is sitting in front of his HF rig and listening to his brothers. He shakes his head, picks up the mic and says "I sure hope I never get that forgetful."
He knocks on wood for good measure.
He then yells into the mic,
"I'll come up and help both of you as soon as I see....
who's at the door. "OVER"
An elderly ham and his XYL were on a cruise and it was really stormy. They were standing on the back of the boat watching the moon, when a wave came up and washed the old woman overboard. They searched for days and couldn't find her, so the captain sent the old ham back to shore with the promise that he would notify him as soon as they found something. Three weeks went by and finally the old man got a fax from the boat. It read:
"Sir, sorry to inform you, we found your wife dead at the bottom of the ocean. We hauled her up to the deck and attached to her posterior was an oyster and in it was a pearl worth $50,000 . .please advise"
The old man faxed back:
"Send me the pearl and re-bait the trap!"
FAMOUS HAM RADIO MOVIES
HamaLot -- The Old DXer is at it again
ZULU Dawn -- Durnford didn't do well either!!
Characteristic Impedance The usual reaction of your spouse when told about the proposed antenna system.
"Warning" Do Not Click Here "Warning"